Dorchester County Archives and History Center
Information for Researchers
The Dorchester County Archives and History Center collects and maintains records,
donated to us, pertaining to Dorchester County.
The DCA&HC is open to researchers Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 4:00pm. Reservations are recommended because space is limited. We cannot guarantee you a research computer if you show up without calling ahead.
All researchers must register, providing their name, address, signature, and research topic.
Members: Free with membership card Non-Members: $5.00
- Jackets, bags, and personal books are not permitted in the research room. Please leave them with an employee at the front.
2. No Ink Pens, Food, or Beverages are allowed in the Research Room -- Pencils only.
3. All Books and Items must be handled with care. The Director will determine how many Items may be viewed at a time. Do not place any Books or Items face down. Do not lean on Books or Items. Do not place anything on Books or Items. Do not trace maps or other records.
4. No Items that you are viewing may leave the research area at any time.
5. Researchers are advised that it is their responsibility, not the DCA&HC, to obtain copyright clearance to publish, reproduce, or distribute archival documents. If possible, the DCA&HC will provide information for seeking copyright permission.
6. If publishing material from Dorchester County Archives and History Center, please credit the DCA&HC.
7. Photocopies, unless restricted or protected by copyright, will be supplied for research purposes for $0.25 per page and photos are $5.00 each. However, at times, it may not be possible to print an entire order on the day requested and the DCA&HC reserves the right to carry out the work over a period of time.
8. Researchers are not allowed to copy archival documents using their own cameras, flash drives, or other equipment.